Tuesday, March 22, 2016

7. FINALE? WHAT FINALE?

“It Aint  Over Till It’s Over Baby”. OΚ Ikarus have been working like a charm for months now... but something is bugging me... The next time I saw it next to the Desierto the bug crawls up toy me again and something doesn't feels right. I mean I know it works better... got better materials... and better aerodynamics... and it is lighter... But there is something that doesn't fit me right... 

At first I thought that it was the fact that I had to get down from the bike to adjust the upper screen... 
Nop...Maybe the color?... Nop... I scratch my head and look at it and then it hits me!

As long as I can the racks on the outside the setup kind of yells it is an amateur's makeshift hack. It needs a more clean look and the racks have to disappear somehow. 




Have your ever felt that you are getting in troyble as soon the idea passes through the back of your mind? That was the case. Now I "had" to dismantle everything to pieces and spreading everything on the bench again I had to find a way to hide those racks. Which mend  only one thing... The lower black fairing -product of many hours labor- had to go under the knife. If I need to go Desierto style I have to make two parallel cuts where the racks are, from where special made brackets would go to the back side of the fairing. 

Easier said than done. Would the fairing survive the operation? Would all my fingers? 
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment